BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 18, 2007

Jesus Calls the Cripple



When Jesus encountered the infirm woman of Luke 13, He called out to her. There may have been many fine women present that day, but the Lord didn't call them forward. He reached around all of them and found that crippled woman in the back. he called forth the wounded, hurting woman with a past. He issued the Spirit's call to the one whose value and self-esteem had been destroyed by the intrusion of vicious circumstances.

The infirm woman must have thought, "He wants me. He wants me. I'm frayed and worn, but He wants me. I have been through trouble. I have been through trauma, but He wants me!" She may have thought no one would ever want her again. But Jesus wanted her. He had a plan.

She may have known that it would take a while to put her life back together. She had many things to over come. She was handicapped. She was probably filled with insecurities. Yet Jesus still called her forward to receive His touch.

If you can identify with the feelings of this infirm woman, then know that He's waiting on you because He wants you. He sees your struggle and He knows all about your pain. He knows what happened to you eighteen years ago and ten years ago and last week. With patience He waits for you as the father waited for the prodigal son (see Luke 15:11-32). Jesus says to the hurting and the crippled, "I want you enough to wait for you to hobble your way back home."

Now God says, "I'm going to deliver you and heal you. I'm going to renew and release you. I'm going to tell you who you are. I'm ready to reveal to you why you had to go through what you did to become what you will become." He says, "I'm going to tell you a secret, something just between you and me. No one else knows. Your boyfriend doesn't know. Your first husband doesn't know. Your father, uncle, brother, or whoever abused you doesn't know. This is the secret: You're the daughter of a king. Your Father is the King."

When that woman came to Jesus, He proclaimed her freedom. Now she stands erect for the first time in eighteen years. When you come to Jesus, He will cause you to stand in His strength. You will know how important you are to Him. Part of your recovery is to learn how to stand up and live in the "now" of today instead of the "then" of yesterday.

I proclaim victory to the abused: You will recover the loss you suffered at the hands of your abuser. You will get back every stolen item. You will reclaim your self-esteem, your self-respect, your integrity. there is a healing going into your spirit right now. I speak life to you. I speak deliverance to you. I speak restoration to you. All in the might name of Jesus-the invincible, all-powerful, everlasting name of Jesus!

Holy Bible

Woman Thou Art Loosed!

Edition

T.D. Jakes

1 what's on your heart:

Jennifer A. said...

Strong words...Amen! God is the only One who can restore a person that man cannot restore.