BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 1, 2009

Testimony of Venus's Dreams



Read Venus's testimony .



They say “When you have a dream, hold it tight”. I say, “When you dream, don’t let go of it, but hold it loosely.”

"I am a person who likes a million things, wants to be a million things and dreams about a million things. In other words, there is really no dominant thing that I want or dream about. I sometimes think its dangerous to think or desire that way. But it is amazing how God surprises us.

Surprise # 1: A few years back, about 2005, I desired to travel. I love the beach, the sand, the sun and the water. In my country, we have great beaches. One of which is found in the island of Bohol. Bohol is a very beautiful place, but also very expensive. So I started holding that dream tight, - saving, finding another job, and always setting my eye on that goal – GET to BOHOL!But nothing happened. Things worsened. I lost my job, I have not saved a penny and the chances of getting to Bohol slowly dimmed.In 2007, I volunteered to work for my city for less than a year, the government offered us a department outing. And yes!!! In BOHOL – all expenses paid!! And the best part is? I went there twice in one year!!! My cousin, got so heartbroken that she wanted to getaway somewhere, she dragged me along. And yes – it was also an ALL EXPENSE PAID TRIP!

Surprise #2: When I went to college, I stayed at an Uncle’s house in Manila. My Uncle is a very driven and motivated person. He would feed on John Maxwell. I came to love Maxwell too, read his books and listened to him. I wanted to be a speaker.After college, I was asked to speak in a lot of youth camps, tell stories to kids and lead some youth groups. The stage was my throne. I knew very well, speaking is what I am good at.But in my country, and with the career that I have, being a public speaker is only on the side. I mean, I don’t have masters, I have no credibility ( I couldn’t count the times I was asked to speak about love and courtship.. hahahha!!), I have no connections.But God made the events in my life so twisty I lost some confidence is speaking and lost that prowess on stage. Then my employer sent me to join the Toastmasters’ Club. The club’s curriculum helped me a lot , inspired me and gave me hope of recuccitating my dream.Last week-end, I won the Humorous Speech Title – District Level. That’s NATIONALS!!!! I believe I am a good speaker. But a humorous speaker????? I am so way far from being funny! But, well, that’s how God surprises! It was an experience of being nobody to being celebrity! People took turns having photo ops with me, congratulating me, some gave me their card, there was one who asked me for a dance (which I declined! Hahahah). Unbelievable!!!

Surprise #3: My now ex-boyfriend was my high school best friend. We have been best friends for years and years. It only ended when we broke up. It was painful to lose a boyfriend, but it was more painful to know that my best friend went along.Words were said, things were done. I forgave but he couldn’t forgive himself. I had hopes of being friends with him again. I dreamed of the day when we pick up where we left off – as friends. But he kept telling me , not just once, but many times over that “we would never befriends again”. Last weekend, I was in his city. We talked and he poured out his heart to me like he used to. I gave him the same stern comments I use to give him. He gave me this unbelieving look he used to give me. We laughed. We were silent. We embraced. We fought. We are friends again. And yes, purely friends again!!God is a God of Surprises. I keep singing Jars of Clay’s “Eleventh hour”. My favourite line is “I won’t give up on giving you a chance to blow my mind”. I had dreams. I tried running after them but they were elusive. Only when I gave up and held them loosely, did I see them fly. Only when I surrendered and told God to take charge, did they come to reality.Dreams should be sanctified. WE need to align them to the will of God. So I say, don’t let go of them, but hold them loosely.Isn’t it sweeter when you let go of something and then it comes back to you on its own, and fastens its hold on you? And then, it is the Dream that doesn’t let go of you.
Surprise # 4 is on its way. I know it. I just know it by heart!."

Check out her blog @ http://venuspeaksherheart.blogspot.com/2009/05/dreams.html

1 what's on your heart:

seye said...

Its good to see Jabby here! Add me on yahoo or google chat so I could help you with the tag clouds. the ID is seyekuyinu. Please drop a note in the invite saying who you are. Would be glad to help 'a sista' out